New Clavinova CVP 500s

Come post your questions, opinions and observations about the Clavinova CVP series pianos.

New Clavinova CVP 500s

Postby musicman » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:18 am

Hi there. I just recently tried out the new Clavinova CVP 500 series models at my local dealer and fell in love with them. The CVP 509 was amazing. I'm thinking about buying one and I would like to know what other people's experiences have been with them? Does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks.
musicman

Re: New Clavinova CVP 500s

Postby Admin » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:38 am

musicman,

My experience has been very good with these new Clavinovas. I really like the CVP 503/505 and 509 because of their piano sounds--they are pretty amazing. The CVP 501 too is pretty good as well. The only thing I can tell you is to try them all and play them for a while. Selecting the right one takes time. It is like selecting the right pair of shoes, you have to try them on to find the best fit for you.

This might help: have a look at my Clavinova CVP 500 series articles. There is also a recording I made of the CVP 503/505's piano that are in those articles. It will give you a good idea of what the piano sounds like.

* CVP 501 Review
* CVP 503 Review
* CVP 505 Review

A review on the CVP 509 will be online shortly.

Good luck,

-Admin
Admin
Site Admin

Re: New Clavinova CVP 500s

Postby Russ10 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:24 pm

When can we expect the promised review of the CVP509?
I am interested to see if you think the 5 -level touch sampling is an improvement.
Also reading "between the lines" I seem to get the impression that you do not seem as impressed with the Grand Piano 1 sound as you were on the 407/9?

I swapped from the former to the 509, and find the touch a definite improvement, but I have some reservations about the new piano sound.

I would be interested to hear your thoughts.

Thanking you in anticipation

Russell Smith
Russ10

Return to CVP Models