USB OUT PORT RECORDING QUESTION

Come post your questions, opinions and observations about the Clavinova CVP series pianos.

USB OUT PORT RECORDING QUESTION

Postby AZMO » Wed May 26, 2010 10:07 am

I am not very knowledable on this and would appreciate any help or information. My question is: When connecting from a USB port to a computer, for recording purposes, it is my understanding that the USB output is in MIDI format ??
If so - Then it is my understanding that in order to record to a WAV or AIFF format - the AUDIO would have to come from the AUDIO OUTPUTS of the Clavinova and NOT tne USB ??? IS this correct??

Thanks for any help and/or clarification!!! :?
AZMO

Re: USB OUT PORT RECORDING QUESTION

Postby Admin » Thu May 27, 2010 8:58 am

In general, any Clavinova with a [USB TO HOST] port has the capability to transmit MIDI data to and from your computer (you will need MIDI sequencing software on your computer for this to work). If your Clavinova has the USB Audio Recording function (CVP-403 and up, CVP-503 and up) the [USB TO DEVICE] port can be used to directly record .wav to your USB device. And, of course, the [USB TO DEVICE] port also functions as a port to connect your USB device for saving, deleting, renaming, etc. files for all Clavinova CVP models equipped with [USB TO DEVICE] port.
Admin
Site Admin

Return to CVP Models