Clavinova CVP 83

Need help choosing your Clavinova? Post your question here.

Clavinova CVP 83

Postby Admin » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:18 am

A recent email from a pianist asking about the CVP 83:

Hi there - I have a time sensitive question so I hope you are able to help!

An orchestra in Taiwan that I am doing a show with has asked our company to substitute a grand piano for an electric. We wrote back that any electric with the feel of a real piano would be fine, using the Clavinova CLP 150 as an example.

They have a Clavinova CVP 83 on hand and wondered if this would be adequate. I cannot find information about this particular model ANYWHERE. Could you give me some feedback? I really really appreciate it. Thank you!!!

Best,
SM
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Clavinova CVP 83

Postby Admin » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:19 am

Hi SM,

I did a little research on the Clavinova CVP 83. Like other Clavinova digital pianos, the CVP 83 has a piano-like keyboard so the touch should mimic that
of an acoustic piano, however, Clavinova technology has greatly improved since the CVP 83. As far as touch goes, some of today's Clavinova's have real
wood keys and ivory-synthetic materials on the keytops. The Clavinova CVP 83 is a fairly old digital piano, 17 years old and only has 32 notes of polyphony.
Current Clavinova CVP technology has 128 notes of polyphony.

Depending on what you will be performing, I would be most concerned with the limited polyphony as this could cause some sustaining notes to
be abruptly cut off if you are playing fast arpeggios passages. Aside from that, I believe you should be fine although I would be interested in hearing
how realistic the CVP 83's piano is.

Hope that helps and good luck with your performance!
Admin
Site Admin

Return to Choosing a Clavinova