Clavinova CVP 505 and 509

Need help choosing your Clavinova? Post your question here.

Clavinova CVP 505 and 509

Postby aguarin13 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:05 am

I am saving up money to purchase one or the other CVP due to their realistic (understatement)acoustic sound. Yamaha Guam has a store in Maite and they have some CVP 505 and 509 that the staff was kind enough to allow to play and even record via USB recorder my practice pieces. Today, one of the employees told the manager that I might be endangering the piano because my USB might have a virus and ruin the internal hard drive, although I am only recording direct o the USB. Is this possible? I have been using the piano for 5 months now and its the first time I heard that this could happen. Please advice.

Re: Clavinova CVP 505 and 509

Postby Admin » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:06 am

The Clavinova doesn't have a hard drive. It uses Flash ROM to save any programs, styles, sequences, etc that you may create. When you are using the USB audio recording function, the Clavinova records the audio directly onto your USB drive. In the unlikely event the Clavinova does encounter a problem, you can easily restore the factory-programmed settings by holding the C7 key (the right most key on the keyboard) and turn on the power. This will restore the CVP to factory default.

The short answer to your question is: no you cannot ruin anything on the Clavinova by using an infected USB drive. Always make sure to back up valuable data just in case!

Site Admin

Return to Choosing a Clavinova