Question About USB to Computer

For general discussion of Yamaha Clavinova models.

Question About USB to Computer

Postby AZMO » Wed May 26, 2010 12:21 pm

Does the USB port from the CVP-403, when connected to a computers USB port, record in MIDI only or does it also generate WAV or AIFF files.
I am under the impression it is MIDI only from the USB port.
To get WAV or AIFF audio files, it would have to come from the AUDIO Outputs of the CVP ?
Is that correct?
Thanks for any info - I do not have a clue about this stuff.
AZMO
AZMO

Re: Question About USB to Computer

Postby Admin » Thu May 27, 2010 8:43 am

Does the USB port from the CVP-403, when connected to a computers USB port, record in MIDI only or does it also generate WAV or AIFF files.

When you connect the Clavinova CVP-403 to your computer via the [USB TO HOST] port, the CVP-403 will transmit MIDI data to your computer (you need to have MIDI sequencing software installed on your computer for this to work). With the CVP-403 and up you can also record in .wav (up to 80 minutes 44.1kHz/16 bit resolution). For this to work, your USB device must be attached to the CVP-403's [USB TO DEVICE] port.

To get WAV or AIFF audio files, it would have to come from the AUDIO Outputs of the CVP ? Is that correct?

No, it's as simple as attaching your USB device to the CVP-403's [USB TO DEVICE] port and select the AUDIO RECORDER function in USB mode. If you had a CVP-401 then the only way you could capture audio would be from the AUDIO outputs (since it doesn't have the USB Audio Recorder feature).

Hope that helps.

Hiram
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Question About USB to Computer

Postby hughbell » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:33 pm

I have the Yamaha MM6. Does the USB from the keyboard send start/stop signals to Cubase. I want to sync the yamaha with the computer because the MM6 only records 8 tracks.
hughbell

Return to General Discussion